StarCraft: Remastered is now live and will support 4K UHD
If there was one game that truly deserves the remaster treatment, it’s Blizzard‘s genre-defining space epic StarCraft.
Widely regarded as one of the most influential strategy games of all time, the StarCraft: Remastered lets players re-experience the saga of iconic characters like Jim Raynor, High Templar Tassadar, and Kerrigan, through upgraded 4K visuals, enhanced audio and music, and new illustrated story interludes. I would imagine that there’s still a sizeable pool of gamers (especially the younger ones) who only experienced StarCraft II, not the original. Well, StarCraft: Remastered should appeal to both older and recent fans.
“We know how much StarCraft and Brood War mean to our community around the world, and our primary mission with StarCraft: Remastered was to enhance as much as we could while keeping the core StarCraft experience intact,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Whether you’re a StarCraft veteran or you’re experiencing the beginning of the saga for the first time, we hope you enjoy revisiting the Koprulu Sector as much as we did.”
StarCraft: Remastered comes tons of new updates and features, including:
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- Matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Improved high fidelity music and sound
- Ability to switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button
StarCraft: Remastered is available now digitally for Windows and Mac PCs for $14.99 USD.