Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia has announced a “large scale update” for Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, an RPG for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. The Warriors of the Sky expansion will introduce new characters, areas, dungeons, and multiplayer modes, all of which can be downloaded for free come 14 March.
New Scenario and Stage
The new Warriors of the Sky main scenario is set in the Stalvatos Ruins stage, consisting of a colosseum-like arena and its surrounding terrain.
Joining in the adventure are sisters Rain (Karatachi Nijika) and Seven (Nanairo Arshavin), original characters from Sword Art Online: Lost Song. The duo is voiced by Miyu Takagi and Hisako Kanemoto respectively.
Duel and PvE
The Duel System is a simple one-on-one eight match against other players, while PvE Mode does so against monsters. Some of the rewards mentioned are ranks, buffs, and treasure chests.
Sacrament Dungeon 3
Eight new high-level dungeons will be available as part of the free update.
Here’s a list of everything else that has been mentioned so far.
- New Co-Sleeping event.
- Level cap raised to 80.
- Overall EXP system revised.
- ATK and DEF caps when using battle skills raised.
- Ability to copy Skill Palettes.
- NPC’s EX Skills usage frequency now configurable.
- Improved Partner AI.
- Final battle difficulty mitigated.
- Additional tutorial for Emotion Void screen.
- Switchable to online play during gameplay.
- Purpose of search definable.
- Locked rooms can be excluded from a search.
- New art assets for the gallery.
Separate DLC: Lord of Inferno
Challenge a strong raid boss in Stalvatos Ruins after completing Warriors of the Sky.
Separate DLC: Missing Chest
Exchange Gold Pieces of items when the Missing Treasure Chest appears in Teleport Plaza.
Check out some gameplay snippets from the preview video below:
Hopefully Bandai Namco will release a full changelog once the update drops on 14 March, considering some of the gameplay revisions they’re implementing.