This is a bit of a shocker if the history of Pokemon games for the handheld are of any indication: Pokemon Black & White moved from first place to second in sales numbers on the week of October 18th to the 24th. So who is number one right now in Japan, you may ask?
Why it’s none other than the Super Mario Collection Special Pack for the Wii, of course. Don’t be too shocked if these two games trade places back and forth in the coming months.
Other things to note about the week include:
- PlayStation Move games are experiencing a slow debut in Japan. Beat Sketcher’s the highest-selling game on the list, selling about 22,165 units.
- The Xbox 360 version of Vanquish, a currently new game from Sega, debut at number 14 with a pathetic sales number of 11,204 units. The PS3 version fared much better though: fourth place with 48,318 units.
Here are the top 20 software sales ranking for the week of October 18th-24th (from MediaCreates via Siliconera).
01. Super Mario Collection Special Pack (Wii) – 307,755
02. Pokémon Black / White (DS) – 81,915
03. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS3) – 63,675
04. Vanquish (PS3)- 48,318
05. Kirby’s Epic Yarn (Wii)- 35,633
06. Medal of Honor (PS3)- 25,365
07. Lord of Arcana (PSP)- 24,939
08. Beat Sketcher (PS3)- 22,165
09. FIFA 11: World Class Soccer (PS3) -18,995
10. Wii Party (Wii)- 15,895
11. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (DS) -14,995
12. Big 3 Gun Shooting(PS3)- 12,653
13. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii)- 11,373
14. Vanquish(Xbox 360)- 11,204
15. Red Dead Redemption(PS3)- 10,454
16. Resident Evil 5: Alternate Edition (w/ PS Move)(PS3)- 9,399
17. Medal of Honor (Xbox 360) - 6,958
18. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP The Best)(PSP)- 6,371
19. Sports Champions (PS3) 6,349
20. Macross Frontier: The False Diva (Hybrid Pack) (PS3)6,123